ABOUT THE 2021 CALL PROCESS
- When does the film registration process begin?
The process for Chilean films begins on March 22 and ends on April 30. For foreign films, the process will extend from April 5 to May 14.
- How can I register my film?
Films should be registered in the following link: festhome.com/festival/ficvaldivia. Films and registration forms sent through other channels will not be accepted.
- Film registration has an associated fee. Is it possible to waive that fee?
No, because the fee allows us to finance part of the selection process for festival content.
- Which are the minimum and maximum lengths for feature films?
Films registered for this category must be over 40 minutes in length. There is no limit for maximum length.
- Can a film produced in Europe, Asia, Africa or Oceania apply to the Latin America and the Caribbean Short Film category?
No, this category is open only to films made by directors from Latin America and the Caribbean and made in Latin America or the Caribbean.
- Do films have to be subtitled?
The official festival languages are Spanish and English. Therefore, selected motion pictures that are spoken in English or Spanish, must have subtitles in Spanish or English, respectively.
In the case of other languages, films must have subtitles in both English and Spanish.
However, during the application process, it is possible to send films with subtitles in either English or Spanish.
- Where can write, if I have further questions?
You can write with any questions or doubts regarding the 2021 Call to the email [email protected]. We receive questions in Spanish or English. Other kinds of questions will not be answered via this email.
- Will the festival be in person this year?
It is not possible to answer this question, at this time. We are paying attention to the evolution of the health situation. As soon as there is more information regarding the national health situation, there will be more clarity as to this year’s modality.